The Giving Kitchen has set up a fund to assist former H2S employees that are facing a financial crisis because of the abrupt closings without pay and is hosting a grant application open house tomorrow from 10am to 2pm at its offices at 900 Dekalb Ave., in Atlanta, 30307 (additional information here).
The Melting Pot is committed to supporting former H2S employees and encourages all Atlanta-area restaurants to join them in raising funds for The Giving Kitchen’s restricted Here to Serve grant fund. Below are details of how The Melting Pot is helping, as well as ways that the public can join the cause:
- TOMORROW at The Giving Kitchen:
- The Melting Pot will be giving $20 gas cards to the first 50 employees that complete the grant application so that these former employees will be able to attend job interviews while waiting for the grant application to be approved.
- XPLRR Atlanta is matching The Melting Pot’s gas card donation and will also be donating 50 $20 cards to former H2S employees.
- Now – October 31 at four Atlanta-area Melting Pot locations:
- All four locations will donate a percentage of all proceeds regulated by the secretary of state, commercial co-venture laws requires that the donation amount be announced throughout October 31 to The Giving Kitchen’s grant fund for H2S employees.
- Guests that dine at The Melting Pot before October 31 and present current Here to Serve gift certificates or “Friends of Tom” loyalty cards will receive $10 off their entire bill, with a percentage of the proceeds being donated to the H2S grant fund.